Join AIA Dallas
For membership or allied partnership questions,
contact Conleigh Bauer, Membership Manager
Member Benefit: The AIA Trust
AIA Trust—Where smart architects manage risk. The AIA Trust is a free risk management resource, offering benefit programs and practice resources for AIA Members
- Just starting out? Check out the many programs and free resources available to you as an AIA member in the ‘New in Practice’ section. Are you a seasoned practitioner? Keep up with managing new risks successfully in the section for Established Architects.
- Be sure to visit the AIA Trust Practice Resources section for AIA members to find helpful information to stay on top of your risks.
- Find out how to handle risks for your firm with these vital risk mitigation techniques – critical to your profitability and viability.
- Are you and your firm prepared for the future? Find out what you should be doing now to prepare: review ownership transition resources here.
- Do you know what you need to about blockchain? Find out important facts about this evolving trend that could present a competitive challenge and an opportunity for your firm.
- Staying on top of emerging risks can be a challenge and the AIA Trust identifies ways for you to avoid or manage them. Don’t miss newsletter articles on emerging risk topics or the ever-expanding library of practice tools including articles, guides, and webinars on topics such as: virtual practice, green design affecting the standard of care, BIM risk transfer, business continuity planning, and more! Check out the AIA Member’s Risk Management Library to find what you need.
- Do you receive the quarterly newsletter, Managing Your Risks? The newsletter is published quarterly (in January, April, July & October) with short articles on emerging risks, retirement planning, free new practice resources and more. Want to subscribe? Sign up here.
Evolving Risk White Papers & Guides
- The Architect’s Risks and How to Manage Them helps you to identify the parties that sue architects and how to lessen risk, avoid liability and limit your exposure.
- If you are confronting challenges that arise when dealing with ADA/FHA regulations, starting a virtual practice, BIM, condo associations, contract administration, design/build teams or others – then read the latest white papers from experts to find out how to navigate your risks. Or, if you don’t have the time, review the synopses first to find out important facts – and consult the white papers for more details as needed.
- Read succinct summaries of emerging risks—with concise how-to’s for you & your firm to address risks successfully and achieve desired results.
Tools for Members Practices
- If you could use some guidance on selecting or renewing your professional liability insurance – you’ve come to the right place. The AIA Trust Professional Liability Insurer Database lists more than 40 top insurers – with important data about each – to enable you to print out comparison reports, search for specific criteria to meet your firm’s needs, and find in-depth articles to help you make the right decisions. Click here to read about trends & tips about this important insurance.
- AIA members and their firms can now find qualified A/E Construction Lawyers to help when it’s needed most—in handling a pending claim or another A/E legal matter – simply visit the AIA Trust Legal Network.
- The AIA Trust has assembled healthcare coverage resources to help answer your questions, including fact sheets about grandfathered plans, Health Savings Accounts, and employee architect options. The AIA Trust will continue to update and add resources and programs as the legislative landscape changes.