The AIA Dallas Community Honors committee nominates chapter members, companies, and programs for various Honor Awards bestowed by the AIA Dallas Chapter, Texas Society of Architects, and AIA National.
The AIA Dallas Community Honors committee nominates chapter members, individuals, companies, and programs for various Honor Awards bestowed by the AIA Dallas Chapter, Texas Society of Architects, and AIA National. In addition to the Honor Awards, 25 Year Awards are commendations given to both commercial and residential projects that have withstood the test of time, and are commonly bestowed as part of our AIA Dallas Community Honors program.
The committee also plans Celebrate Architecture, an annual event that formally recognizes and celebrates local members of the profession and community for their distinguished achievements in at the national, state, and local level.
AIA Dallas Awards
- Community Honors: This award is bestowed on persons, firms, corporations or associations for meritorious work in their respective fields.
- Honorary Membership: Honorary memberships are granted to esteemed individuals who have rendered extraordinary and valuable service within the Dallas area and have conspicuously upheld the AIA’s aims, but who are not eligible for membership in the Institute or the Chapter.
- Consultant Award: This award recognizes a member of an associated profession who has contributed significantly to the ability of architects to produce high quality projects.
- Contractor Award: The Contractor Award is given to recognize outstanding qualities of construction work, the promotion of professionalism, and the development of excellent working relationships between the contractor, the architect and the community.
- Artist/Craftsman Award: The Craftsman Award recognizes those craftsmen and artisans within the Dallas area whose talent, technique, diligence and creative insight makes great architecture possible.
- Firm Award: The Firm Award is given to a firm that has demonstrated outstanding commitment to design, practice, community and professional services.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: This award recognizes an individual for a lifetime of leadership and accomplishment within the profession of architecture.
- Harrell Award: The Harrell Award is the highest and most prestigious honor that the Chapter can give to persons who have made unique contributions to architecture. It is given only when recognition for a contribution to the quality of architecture or the quality of life in this city is of such importance that it is of a world standard and is absolutely warranted.
- 25 Year Awards: Commercial & Residential projects that have withstood the test of time.