Job Post Date: May 26, 2023
Specification Writer/Director – Full Time
Specification Writer/Director – Full Time (Dallas)
DNA Workshop is an award-winning firm specializing in multi-family housing, historic adaptive re-use, hospitality, and retail projects. We are licensed in 32 states from Florida to Washington. We’re experiencing tremendous growth and are expanding our team to match. Originally founded in Baton Rouge, we opened a second office in Richmond, VA in 2022, and are currently assembling the team that will launch our Dallas office.
DNA Workshop is looking for an experienced Specification Writer/Director to join our team in Dallas. This position will work in coordination with architects and designers to produce quality contract documentation for projects, while using, maintaining, and developing office specifications resources.
We offer a great team environment with lots of room for growth, plus:
• Higher-than-market salary
• Medical, Dental, & Vision
• 401K and Employer Match
• Paid Holidays and PTO
• Paid maternity/paternity leave
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, join a team with massive growth potential, and be part of our Dallas launch, apply today!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “APPLICATION: Spec Writer” and include your resume and portfolio.
• Preparing project manuals for projects
• Specifications writing and editing
• Serving as a resource to project teams
• Coordinating work among external disciplines
• Contributing to process and document standards and quality goals
• Contributing to specifications resources and initiatives
• Researching new products
• College degree OR equivalent related on-job experience/training
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• CSI-Certified Construction Documents Technologist (CDT) certification. CSI-Certified Construction Specifier (CCS) certification preferred.
• Proficiency in CSI Practice standards and spec writing methods and tools
• Experience researching, reading, and working with data and information and coordinating with other design professionals.
• Knowledge of construction methods, products, materials, project manuals, and construction documents
• Licensed architect preferred
• Good attitude and good sense of humor required