Dallas, TX 75204
Job Post Date: July 12, 2019
Project Manager- Healthcare (Dallas, TX)
Devenney Group Architects is a market leader in healthcare design. We work hard to dedicate ourselves to our client’s vision and provide highly aesthetic and functional facilities. With that said, the most important ingredient in our recipe for success- our “secret sauce,” if you will- is, without a doubt, our people. They are the heart and soul of our company and the reason our clients choose us time and time again. Thus, we work hard to make sure our people have everything they need to be successful in their role. We are currently looking for a Project Manager to lead and manage projects out of our Dallas location. This leadership position requires a hands-on mentality and will be responsible for creating a mentoring support structure for supervised employees. We are looking for a driven Architect who is comfortable managing all stages of assigned projects including projects budgets, schedules, staffing and working closely with the executive management team and/or Principle in Charge.
At Devenney Group, we hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard-but we have a lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a cool, collaborative, and challenging work environment, you’ll fit right in. Devenney Group offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, and work/life balance program, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
Healthcare Planning and Architecture
• Demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight, and judgment in planning, organizing and guiding office projects and activities.
• Responsible for day-to-day communications with internal team, consultants, and government agencies (when requested), involving PIC as necessary. Makes appearances before client groups, building departments, other government agencies, etc. as required advancing the project through construction and eventual occupancy.
• Jointly responsible for constructability, code compliance, and coordination with government agencies with the Project Architect and/or Project Designer.
• Resolution assistance in addressing field questions and RFI’s as they occur and recommend solutions. Coordinate responses with the internal team, consultants and contractor.
• Specification development and assistance for Dallas projects
• QA/QC preliminary review for all Dallas projects
Project Relationships and Communication
• Senior liaison with individuals and consultants in or outside the firm with responsibility for technical matters pertaining to assigned projects.
• Serve and/or assist team as required in field communication between the contractor and Devenney Group for assigned projects to insure that construction administration services are provided in accordance with the agreement.
• Make necessary and/or supplement jobsite observations and interface with authorities having jurisdiction.
• Participate as required in construction meetings to review progress and look ahead to anticipate upcoming problems and conflicts.
• Work with the Principal In Charge (PIC) and the marketing department to prepare any materials necessary for RFQ responses, and for subsequent interviews or presentations.
• Pursue new project leads and maintain current client relationships.
• Responsible for determining, in concert with the firm’s executive management, the strategic business plan for the Dallas market as it relates to the company’s overall business objectives.
• Assist in the deployment, monitoring and evaluation of the Dallas business plan.
• Responsible for directing the activities of the project staffing, scheduling, and office labor budget; works with internal team to monitor project status, conveys problems and suggested solutions to PIC, and determines action plan in concert with PIC.
• Exert leadership in resolving necessary issues within the project team.
• Provide project coaching, guidance and timelines to the Dallas team members and host weekly team meetings.
• Authority to direct and monitor activities on assigned projects.
• Responsible for interpretation, organization, execution and coordination of assigned projects.
• Supervise, manage and mentor junior and senior level staff.
• Participates in the value analysis or cost reduction activities required to keep the project within budget.
• Assist in the review of Contractor’s Applications and Certificate for Payment and process for payment.
• Assist in the preparation of all Substantial Completion Certificates and other closing documents as they may be required.
• Oversight of Texas documents and maintenance of record sets.
• Document Dallas based processes and procedures unique to Dallas for new initiatives and ongoing improvements
• Promotes espirt d’ corps within the project team.
• Continuously expand one’s knowledge base.
• Communicate clearly in verbal, written, and drawing form.
• Acts as a mentor to junior staff while encouraging them to pursue educational and professional development.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Proven understanding of construction detailing.
• Willingness to take direction from superiors.
• Familiar with the language of architecture and the ability to utilize and manipulate its elements.
• Vision; big-picture thinker; innovative; inventive.
• Strong idea person, but with the ability to develop the details of the design thoroughly.
• Responsive to client needs and expectations.
• Collaborative; process-oriented; consensus builder; leader; mentor.
• Knowledgeable about architectural materials.
• Articulate; motivated; artistic.
• Energetic; infectious enthusiasm.
• Dedicated; committed.
• Hands-on; roll-up-the sleeves style.
• Can challenge the client without alienating them.
• Proficient in software applications appropriate for this role