Kansas City, MO 64112
Job Post Date: August 12, 2019
Project Manager - Dallas
Populous is a very unique practice with a focus on design experiences.
We design the places where people love to be together. This is our singular purpose.
We use the power of design to transform neighborhoods, revitalize cities, build relationships and connect people to being part of something bigger.
Populous is where architects and designers of all kinds create moments bigger than ourselves. We’re a global specialized design firm with local roots in 9 cities across Americas.
Populous offers the best of both worlds: the resources and impact of the design giants and the tightly-knit atmosphere and growth opportunities of smaller firms.
WHY we design
To amplify the joy in shared moments.
HOW we do it
+ Architecture + Interior Design + Event Design + Landscape Design + Master Planning + Urban Design + Graphic Design + Product Design
WHAT we look for
+ Entrepreneurial spirit + Down to-earth nature + Trendsetting ideas + Unyielding passion + Adaptability + Curiosity + Vision + Energy + Culture enabling
Do you have the following traits?
Energetic, assertive, persuasive
Optimistic, proactive, confident, influential
Observant & Analytical +Abstract & multi-dimensional thinking
Adept at managing multiple, changing, quick-paced, time-sensitive projects
The preferred candidate will have an interest in working in a dynamic and collaborative global design environment with a diverse range of public assembly building types; including the design of sports venues, convention centers, community buildings and transportation facilities.
We are seeking passionate, creative, engaged, and technically proficient Project Managers to join us in a dynamic and collaborative design atmosphere. Applicants must possess exceptional design and technical abilities.
• Participate in selected marketing and business development opportunities.
• Prepare fee proposals including work plans identifying scope. Participate in the negotiation of contracts.
• Manage project budget, work plans, consultants and schedule. Track fees and costs for conformance to contract.
• Participate in the preparation and execution of subcontracts for consultants.
• Foster and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team (i.e. Project Designer, Project Architect, and Principal in Charge).
• Manage day-to-day activities of assigned projects.
• Foster on-going communication through team meetings, minutes, and up-date memos to project team including consultants.
• Ensure project documentation and contracts are in compliance with Populous standards and policies.
• Provide leadership including professional development coaching and mentoring staff.
• Define staff requirements for projects as needed or directed.
• Contribute to architectural design development, drawings, in support of overall project goals when requested and directed by the Principal-in-Charge.
• All other duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Understanding and proficiency in architectural modeling, parametric design, advanced project delivery methods, drawing software and production a strong plus.
• Strong relationship-building and problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong knowledge of design, construction methodology and material application.
• Thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing, and budgets with an interest in financial management required.
• Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
• Ability to manage multiple small to medium size projects of a complex scope.
• Proficiency in MS Office tools, particularly Excel, required.
• Proficiency in Deltek Vision preferred.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited program or equivalent in education or experience.
• 8-15 years of experience in architectural practice with prior management experience in all phases of projects.
• Project Management experience with sport stadium, arenas, convention centers, hospitality, and aviation a strong plus.
• Registered Architect with current license is required.
• NCARB registration preferred.
• LEED not required, but a plus.
• Travel will be required.
• Overtime will be required.
Populous offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefit packages, including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k, flexible spending accounts, paid time off and continuing education benefits. Populous is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
4 time-Fast Company Most Innovative Company
#21 - Architect Magazine’s Architect 50 List
250 International, national and local design awards
Find us here - https://populous.com/careers