Kansas City, MO 64112
Job Post Date: August 12, 2019
Project Designer - Dallas
Populous is a very unique practice with a focus on design experiences.
We design the places where people love to be together. This is our singular purpose.
We use the power of design to transform neighborhoods, revitalize cities, build relationships and connect people to being part of something bigger.
Populous is where architects and designers of all kinds create moments bigger than ourselves. We’re a global specialized design firm with local roots in 9 cities across Americas.
Populous offers the best of both worlds: the resources and impact of the design giants and the tightly-knit atmosphere and growth opportunities of smaller firms.
WHY we design
To amplify the joy in shared moments.
HOW we do it
+ Architecture + Interior Design + Event Design + Landscape Design + Master Planning + Urban Design + Graphic Design + Product Design
WHAT we look for
+ Entrepreneurial spirit + Down to-earth nature + Trendsetting ideas + Unyielding passion + Adaptability + Curiosity + Vision + Energy + Culture enabling
Do you have the following traits?
Energetic, assertive, persuasive
Optimistic, proactive, confident, influential
Observant & Analytical +Abstract & multi-dimensional thinking
Adept at managing multiple, changing, quick-paced, time-sensitive projects
The preferred candidate will have an interest in working in a dynamic and collaborative global design environment with a diverse range of public assembly building types; including the design of sports venues, convention centers, community buildings and transportation facilities.
We are seeking a passionate, creative, engaged, and technically proficient Project Designer to join us in a dynamic and collaborative design atmosphere. Applicants must possess exceptional design and technical abilities.
• Develops, modifies and/or reviews drawings for the design of sports facilities and other structures, according to established standards and technical expertise.
• Develops solutions to technical problems, from the master planning and concept design phases through to construction document production.
• Fulfill the design and operational needs of clients.
• Develops concept drawings and imagery for facilities.
• Prepares material for and participates in project interviews and design presentations.
• Collaboratively reviewing and critiquing early phase design concepts.
• Preparation of design presentations to clients, communities, and other pertinent stakeholders, including public agencies.
• Coordinates technical drawings with consultants.
• Assists in marketing efforts, including website videos, blog entries, and magazine articles.
• Uses 2D and 3D visual software, including Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, and Rhino 3D.
• Supports company policies and contributes to the office culture.
• All other duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Proficiency using 2D and 3D visual software, including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, and Rhino 3D.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Autodesk Revit and CAD.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively convey information and ideas in a presentation format.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills.
• Superior organizational skills: detail-oriented, accurate and thorough.
• Strong work ethic; with demonstrated efficiency, flexibility and desire to grow and work within a dynamic team environment while being able to self-manage and work independently.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree (required) in Architecture from an NAAB accredited program, Masters Degree in Architecture (preferred).
• 8-12 years of professional architectural experience in the design of sports and convention centers facilities preferred.
• Travel will be required.
• Overtime will be required.
Populous offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefit packages, including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k, flexible spending accounts, paid time off and continuing education benefits. Populous is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
4 time-Fast Company Most Innovative Company
#21 - Architect Magazine’s Architect 50 List
250 International, national and local design awards
Find us here - https://populous.com/careers