Job Post Date: September 14, 2021
Tryba Architects is a nationally recognized architecture firm specializing in the full integration of architecture, interior design, urban design historic preservation, landscape architecture and planning. Throughout the firm’s 33-year history we have earned a national reputation for shaping and reshaping urban structures and systems into special places. Our practice is driven by a commitment to our clients to collaborate in crafting detailed buildings and spaces intimately connected to function, people, nature and the urban environment. Based in Denver, we work nationally and have a growing portfolio of work in Dallas-Fort Worth.
We are seeking highly motivated Project Architects with 5+ years of experience in commercial/institutional, office and multi-family residential design (including interior architecture) to help grow our portfolio of work in Dallas-Fort Worth as well as the Rocky Mountain Region. Strong client and consultant relationship management skills and U.S. registration are required. Candidates must possess strong working knowledge of REVIT, SketchUp, Bluebeam, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite, and should be comfortable generating design concepts in hand sketch form.
This position may be Denver- or DFW-based, with remote work flexibility, within our firm of 60+ design professionals.
· Lead clients towards decisions that generate great architecture
· Motivate and inspire staff and clients with creative ideas that are aligned with the firm’s design principles
· Utilize previous experience working on urban development projects, including design and collateral for project vision and values; site planning and programming; urban design guidelines; and general understanding of planning/entitlement processes
· Create and maintain strong, productive team relationships
· Collaborate directly with partners of the firm during all phases of design and drawing production
· Lead construction document production and oversight for complex and technical projects
· Utilize familiarity with sustainable design concepts and the LEED rating system
· Motivated to develop and sustain personal and professional relationships with the firm’s principals and staff allowing for open interaction, honest dialogue, productive feedback, and personal and professional growth
· Graduate or professional degree from an accredited school of Architecture; Master’s degree preferred
· 5-10 years of professional experience; licensed preferred
· Strong design creativity and technical proficiency
· Experience in project management and construction administration for commercial/institutional and residential construction
· Excellent communication skills and proven ability to effectively manage and lead people, projects, budgets, schedules, and communications with clients and consultants
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, working on several projects simultaneously in either a management or production role
· Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
· Ability and judgement to take appropriate, calculated risks with guidance
Our award-winning work is widely recognized for transforming historic buildings and sites into active, human-scaled, vibrant and timeless places. If you meet the qualifications above and are passionate about pursuing architectural excellence, providing exemplary client service, and working on transformational projects, please forward your resume and examples of work to: email@example.com. For consideration, please include “Project Architect” in the subject and mention that you saw this post on AIA Dallas.