Austin, TX 78756
Job Post Date: September 22, 2022
Michael Hsu Office of Architecture is an award-winning, fully integrated architecture and interior design practice with offices in Austin and Houston. Our work is rooted in hospitality and placemaking and includes diverse projects that range from large mixed-use developments, adaptive reuse projects, public realm design, architectural branding, single family homes, hotels, restaurants, workspaces, and bespoke furniture design. We work throughout Texas and across the country in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Denver.
For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as competitive compensation, generous benefits and steady profit-sharing.
We are seeking a new Interior Designer for our Austin or Houston office. The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in a wide range of projects including single family residential, hospitality / interiors and medium to large sized commercial developments.
Responsibilities to include:
• Design of project on a variety of scales
• Translation of design concepts into construction documents
• Help in the selection, specification, and procurement of FF&E
• Collaboration on project design, construction documents/details and construction administration
• Consultant coordination
• Mentoring and coaching of junior staff
• Participation in the maintenance, growth, and research of the office material resource library
• Participation on multiple concurrent projects in varied capacities
• Design and coordination on the construction of custom furniture, millwork and lighting
• Intermittent travel between Houston and Austin
Skills and Education required:
• Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies
• Understanding and wide knowledge base of finishes, fixtures, furnishings, art & décor
• Demonstrated design skills
• Technical proficiency and creative problem solving
• Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects concurrently
• Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design from CIDA-accredited university
• Minimum 3-7 years’ experience in the industry
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
• Registered Interior Designer preferred
Further project information can be found at hsuoffice.com
Please submit your resume and full portfolio in pdf format to email@example.com
No phone calls please.