Perkins and Will
Kimberly Waits2218 Bryan Street
Dallas, TX 75201
Job Post Date: September 5, 2019
The Dallas Studio of Perkins and Will is seeking an experienced healthcare Construction Administrator to enhance our robust healthcare practice. If you are a licensed architect and want to join our incredible team of professionals please explore this opportunity.
As a Construction Administrator on the Perkins and Will team, you will:
• Have strong technical knowledge of construction materials, building trades, means and methods, and the relationships among subcontractors, suppliers and manufacturers.
• Be the primary point of contact for the Contractor and Owner's site representatives and other agents employed by the Owner (Construction Manager, etc.,) with being involved in submittal reviews, documents interpretations (RFI’s / questions), and construction observations to verify that the requirements of the construction contract are being maintained.
• Have strong working knowledge of BIM systems and other software employed in the documentation.
• Review and know the contents of the Architect/Owner agreement and all deliverables within.
• Review, know and understand the contents of Owner-Contractor agreements along with a knowledge and understanding of the master specifications
• Rigorously enforce the design intent implicit in the Architect's prepared Contract Documents (Drawings and Specifications), as well as have a working knowledge of the engineering design intent through documents prepared by consulting disciplines.
• Be able to effectively represent the interests of the Owner, the Architectural Firm, and the supporting Engineering Consultants during the construction phase.
• Participate in Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) Progress Meetings.
• Support Project Architect(s)
To join us, you should have:
• Professional Degree in Architecture or related field
• 8+ years of experience
• Be able to travel to construction/project sites as required
• Advanced knowledge of construction contract administration policies, procedures and concepts
• Advanced knowledge of project design and construction documentation and construction materials
• Advanced knowledge of building codes, specifications, building systems and engineering systems
• Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; Revit strongly preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving skills, attention to detail
• Collaborative and professional work ethic
• LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
• Architecture license
At Perkins and Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people and ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Perkins and Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D