Grapevine, TX 76051
Job Post Date: October 8, 2021
Type Six is seeking an experienced Architectural Associate to add to our team. This position requires the ability to produce clean construction documents in a timely and efficient manner. Clear and effective communication skills as well as the drive to learn in a collaborative environment are essential. Individuals who are self-motivated, ambitious, loyal, and proactive thrive within our firms’ culture. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join a flourishing design team and broaden their architectural knowledge base working on an array of commercial project types!
• Produce drawings and Architectural documents using computer-aided design and drafting tools including Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD.
• Position will be asked to produce full working sets of construction drawings including, but not limited to:
• Work from rough sketches and/or specifications created by Engineers and Architects.
• Modify and revise drawings to correct deficiencies or errors under the guidance of senior staff.
• Produce boards and presentation materials for clients and city review that are clear, concise, and aesthetically pleasing.
• Coordinate with team members to design, lay-out, and detail components to resolve design issues or other construction challenges.
• Prepare designs for review by engineers, clients, and consultants.
• Research building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, as well as other technical documents to ascertain their effect on architectural designs.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• Bachelor’s Degree of Architecture required; Masters preferred.
• 2-3+ years of experience in commercial construction/design and related fields
• Solid knowledge of Revit is required
• Basic understanding of construction practices
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and grow relationships with coworkers and clients.
• Ability to work independently with demonstrable organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines and accurately complete assigned
• Ability to work with integrity, trust, setting an example for others is essential.
• US Citizenship and fluency in English are required. We will not offer sponsorship.
• This is not a remote position, employees are expected in office daily.