CELEBRATE ARCHITECTURE 2019
Presented by Blackson Brick Co.
7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
1835 Young Street
Dallas, TX 75201
Brought to you by: CELEBRATE ARCHITECTURE
Talk About It
Please join AIA Dallas on April 4, 2019 for CELEBRATE ARCHITECTURE presented by Blackson Brick Co. to recognize our local, state, and national Honor Award recipients as our Dallas champions of architecture. This year’s awards presentation will be held at First Presbyterian Church of Dallas, in honor of 2018 AIA Dallas Lifetime Achievement Award Winner Bryce Weigand, FAIA. Immediately following the ceremony, we’ll continue the celebration across the street at The Carlisle Room, located on the first floor of the iconic Art Deco Lone Star Gas Building. Please join us in raising a glass to celebrate the architects, officials, organizations, and professionals from related industries that continue our city’s tradition of design excellence.
Thursday, April 4th
7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Check in begins at 7:00 p.m. The program begins promptly at 7:15 p.m.
First Presbyterian Church of Dallas | 1835 Young Street
8:15 p.m. Celebration
The Carlisle Room | 1990 Jackson Street
$65 General Admission, AIA Members & Allied Members
$40 Associate AIA Members
Complimentary parking is available in the First Presbyterian Church garage that is connected to the church. You can enter the garage ramp from Young Street or turn into the parking lot to access. The garage will be open until 11 p.m.
Special Remarks by Adrian Parr, Dean of UTA CAPPA
Remembrance of 2018 AIA Dallas Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient, Bryce A. Weigand, FAIA: Joe Buskuhl, FAIA & Larry Good, FAIA
Master of Ceremonies: 2019 AIA Dallas President Richard Miller, FAIA
AIA DALLAS COMMUNITY HONORS 2018
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Bryce A. Weigand, FAIA
- Firm Award: DSGN
- Honorary Membership: Cris Jordan
- Honorary Membership: Kourtny Garrett
- Contractor Award: Sebastian Construction Group
- Consultant Award: Mitch Milby
- Community Honors Award: Parks for Downtown Dallas
- Community Honors Award: SMU Master of Arts in Design & Innovation (MADI) Program
- Community Honors Award: Heritage Oak Cliff
- Community Honors Award: David Preziosi
- Artist/ Craftsman Award: Carl Trimble
- Sustainability Commendation: Garrett Boone
- Architecture Educator Award: Oswaldo Rivera-Ortiz, Assoc. AIA
- 25–Year Award: The Towers at Williams Square, Skidmore Owings & Merrill, 1984
- 25–Year Award Residential: Armstrong Street Townhouses, The Oglesby Group (Designer: Jim Wiley, FAIA; Project Architect: David Farrell, AIA), 1982
TEXAS SOCIETY OF ARCHITECTS HONOR AWARDS 2018
- Medal for Lifetime Achievement in Honor of Llewellyn W. Pitts FAIA: Philip C. Henderson, FAIA
- Citation of Honor: Better Block Foundation
AIA NATIONAL HONORS 2019
- Fellows: Norman R. Alston, FAIA; Peter A. Brown, FAIA; Robert E. Bullis, FAIA; Jeffrey J. Gunning, FAIA; Darren L. James, FAIA
AIA DALLAS DESIGN AWARDS 2018
- Honor Award: Burial Crypt for Cistercian Monastery, Cunningham Architects
- Honor Award: Champion's Hall, SmithGroup
- Honor Award: Factory Six03, GFF
- Honor Award: Hockaday Centennial Center, GFF
- Honor Award: House Addition, Max Levy Architect
- Honor Award: Novartis Cafe, HKS, Inc.
- Honor Award: Preston Hollow Residence, Bodron+Fruit
- Honor Award: Temple Emanu-El, Cunningham Architects
- Honor Award: The Statler, Merriman Anderson Architects, Inc.
- Unbuilt Design Award: Healing Rift, Ricardo A. Muñoz, AIA
- Unbuilt Design Award: National Museum of World Writing, BOKA Powell
- Unbuilt Design Award: Pacific Plaza Park Pavilion, HKS, Inc.
- Unbuilt Design Award: Shenzhen Airport New Satellite Concourse, Corgan
- Student Design Award: The Anonymous Hotel for Night Owls, Introverts, and Indulgent Over-Sleepers, Samantha Ding, Rice University
- Student Design Award: Caldera Research Outpost, Tuan Nguyen, UTA CAPPA
- Student Design Award: Iceland's Digital Economy, Will Powell, UT Austin
- Student Design Award: New Braunfels Audubon Center: An Ecological Rehabilitation, Francisco Resendiz, UT Austin
TEXAS SOCIETY OF ARCHITECTS DESIGN AWARDS 2018
- Design Award: 400 Record, Gensler
- Design Award: Lamar Union, BOKA Powell with Michael Hsu Office of Architecture
- Design Award: One Legacy West, Morrison Dilworth + Walls
- Design Award: TreeHouse, Lake|Flato Architects with Looney Ricks Kiss
About CELEBRATE ARCHITECTURE
AIA Dallas is the voice of architects in our community and we take great care in honoring the best work of our own and those that support us, our great clients and patrons. The name speaks for itself – this is a night to celebrate the art and craft of architecture and all that it brings to our city and our daily lives. Attendees include AIA members, architects, members of the design and construction industry, civic leaders, philanthropists, and all-around champions of Dallas.
Sketch by Bryce Weigand, FAIA; design by Frances Yllana