AD EX Fair Park Tram Tour
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
3600 Parry Ave.
Dallas, TX 75210
Talk About It
- Downtown DART Art Tour
- SFRT: Precast Concrete
- On the Radar Exhibition Reception
- AD EX Fall LEGO Workshop (Ages 10-13)
- Who's Turning Up the Heat? Designing to Mitigate Heat
- Coffee & Conversation: Kalita Humphreys Theater Master Plan
- 2023 AIA Dallas Tour of Homes - Call for Entries
- Pride X Design: Conversations with AIA LGBTQIA+ Alliances
- The Emotional Impact of Safety: Balancing Technology and Psychology in Design Innovation
- The New Age of Security: Technology in a Post-Pandemic World
Fair Park, a celebration of art, architecture, and industry, is a cultural and historic gem in the heart of Dallas. Join us for a motorized tour of the park while we fill you in on its amazing past and talk about its exciting future.
Architecturally, Fair Park is one of the world’s largest collections of Art Deco buildings with a unique design approach that Chief Architect George Dahl described as “Texanic.” Integral to the buildings and the grounds are numerous works by renowned artists that celebrate the history and achievements of Texas during the first 100 years of independence. First established for the Dallas State Fair in 1886, Fair Park was transformed in 1936 for the Texas Centennial Exposition. It is one of Dallas’ greatest cultural assets, hosting events year-round and exhibitions and serving as home to numerous cultural institutions. In 1986, it was recognized as a National Historic Landmark.
In partnership with Fair Park First and Preservation Dallas, the Dallas Architecture and Design Exchange presents lunchtime tram tours on the third Wednesday of the month at several times throughout the year. They are free and open to the public. The tour begins at noon at the Parry Street entrance gate adjacent to the DART stop.
SAVE YOUR SPOT, REGISTER FOR THE TOUR NOW!