Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
Celebrate Architecture 2015
One of the treasured opportunities of serving AIA Dallas as President in 2014 was reconnecting with Mary Clutts, AIA and her father, James A. Clutts, FAIA, as initiated by his 2014 AIA Dallas Lifetime Achievement Award.
On April 2nd, we had the opportunity to enjoy a perfect spring evening in Klyde Warren Park in celebration of the 2014 Community Honors recipients. The evening culminated with Mary bestowing the award medal on her father.
Thank you, Mary, for your moving words in honor of your father.
The annual Celebrate Architecture event is an important opportunity each year for our chapter and our greater community to reflect on the impact possible through architecture and honor accomplishment which continues to resonate.
Through the stewardship of the Community Honors Committee, the roster of award recipients over the years documents an inspiring legacy. As we look to the future, I believe we can see farther and more clearly if we stand on the shoulders of giants. I invite each of you to look for opportunities to learn more about the giants among us and build on the legacy they have bestowed our chapter and our community.
- Congratulations to the Newly Elevated Fellow: Bernita Beikmann, FAIA
- Congratulations to the Newly Elevated Fellow: Yen Ong, FAIA
- Call for Nominations: 2023 State Honor Awards
- 2023 Emerging Professionals: Path to Licensure Scholarship
- Learn More About the Women in Architecture Professional Development Fund 2023
Talk About It
There are no comments yet, be the first!