Talk About It
- Congratulations to the Newly Elevated Fellow: Ron Stelmarski, FAIA
- Congratulations to the Newly Elevated Fellow: D. Michael Hellinghausen, FAIA
- Congratulations to the Newly Elevated Fellow: Stephen Pickard, FAIA
- CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: 2022 Local, State & National Honor Awards
- Congratulations to the 2021 AIA Dallas Chapter Awards Recipients!
Elizabeth Whittaker of Merge Architects Joins Unbuilt Awards Jury
Design Awards Committee is pleased to announce Elizabeth Whittaker of Merge Architects as a juror for the 2015 unbuilt design awards
Elizabeth Whittaker, AIA, is the founder and principal of MERGE Architects. Elizabeth has served on the Boston Society of Architects/AIA Board of Directors and has been nominated for the National American Institute of Architects, Young Architect’s Award. She graduated from Harvard University’s Graduate School of Design with Distinction where she received numerous awards during her graduate studies including the Core Studio Prize, the Faculty Design Award, and the John E. Thayer Award for overall academic achievement. Elizabeth approaches architecture as a discipline embedded in both practice and academia. She has taught design studios in several architecture programs including Harvard University (GSD), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Northeastern University, and the Boston Architectural College.
Elizabeth currently holds a faculty position as Assistant Professor in Practice of Architecture at Harvard University’s Graduate School of Design.
In the April 2015 issue of Architect magazine, Elizabeth discusses the conceptual economy of means that drives her practice. Read her interview here.