Detail Matters: Cesar Pelli in Uptown
Designed by Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects in collaboration with Kendall/Heaton Associates, the McKinney and Olive project twists a concrete structure over a 45-foot cantilever 20 stories into the sky.
The glass sail-like form marries a multi-story above-grade parking structure that grounds itself upon a lush green open space, wrapping around a large portion of the site designed by landscape architect The Office of James Burnett.
Two stories of ground floor retail that flow around the northern portions of the site along Olive Street are articulated with tilted glass storefronts and a cantilevered roof structure, dotted playfully with oculi.
“This is the premier site in all of Uptown, and this building is going to change the definition of an urban office tower,” said Gregg Jones, AIA, principal at Pelli Clarke Pelli.
James Adams, AIA, RIBA is a senior associate with Corgan.
Talk About It
- ADA Pyramid Game
- Communities by Design Meeting
- SFRT North: Protecting the 1st Side of the Building
- Community Honors Committee Meeting
- Coffee & Conversation: Kalita Humphreys Theater Master Plan
- 2023 AIA Dallas Tour of Homes - Call for Entries
- Pride X Design: Conversations with AIA LGBTQIA+ Alliances
- The Emotional Impact of Safety: Balancing Technology and Psychology in Design Innovation
- The New Age of Security: Technology in a Post-Pandemic World