Call for Nominations Fellowship Class of 2024
To all AIA Dallas Fellows and Chapter Members,
The AIA Dallas Chapter Fellows Network is now accepting recommendations for local nominees for Fellowship. Recommendations must be submitted with the support of a Chapter Fellow.
AIA Dallas’ Fellowship Network is comprised of all AIA Dallas and Northeast Texas Fellows. Fellows contribute their time and participate in identifying and evaluating candidates for chapter fellowship nomination and support them as sponsors and mentors. Fellows’ involvement is invaluable for our candidates and has contributed to our chapter’s success.
Chapter members interested in information about pursuing fellowship should reach out to an AIA Dallas Fellow, to the 2023 Fellowship Network co-chairs, Jay Macaulay, FAIA and/or Ron Wommack, FAIA, or to AIA Dallas’ Executive Director, Zaida Basora, FAIA. General information and FAQs about AIA Fellowship can be found at aia.org/fellowship.
Call for Class of 2024 College of Fellows Nominations
Fellowship is one of the highest national honors the AIA can bestow upon a member. Fellowship decisions are made at the national level by a jury of fellows and the jury is looking for architects who have made a significant contribution to architecture and society and who have achieved a standard of excellence in the profession at a local, regional, and national level. AIA Dallas nominates and supports local members who are submitting for the College of Fellows. To nominate an individual for elevation to Fellowship please follow the Fellowship Network’s Nomination Requirements.
AIA Dallas Fellowship Network’s Nomination Requirements
Prepare a Nomination Packet for submission to the Fellowship Network to include:
- Nomination Letter by an AIA Dallas Fellow describing the reasons this individual would be an excellent candidate for elevation to Fellowship.
- Summary of Achievements describing their significant contributions, standards of excellence and recognized achievements in the profession at a local, regional, and national level. Summary can include:
- Significant work: projects, jury service, presentations, publications, lectures, AIA service, civic/volunteer involvement, mentoring, and notable contributions.
- Awards, honors, and recognitions.
- Examples of exemplary work.
- Statement of Interest for Fellowship by candidate.
- Identification of Object of Nomination
- Proposed sponsor (preferred)
Due Date: E-mail Nomination Packet by 5:00 PM, Monday, January 23, 2023 to AIA Dallas’ Fellowship Network co-chairs and AIA Dallas Executive Director:
- Jay Macaulay, FAIA email@example.com
- Ron Wommack, FAIA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zaida Basora, FAIA email@example.com
Evaluation Process: The Fellowship Network will evaluate all candidates that submit a nomination packet and develop a list of the nominees recommended for candidacy. All members must have met the minimum eligibility requirement of 10 or more years of Architect level membership in the AIA. The candidacy list will be presented to the AIA Dallas Board of Directors for approval to receive formal nomination from the AIA Dallas Chapter.
Evaluation Schedule: AIA Dallas and Northeast Texas Fellows are invited to participate in the evaluation process to finalize the list of recommended nominees. The Fellowship Network’s meeting schedule to review, evaluate, and finalize this year’s candidates:
- Tuesday, January 24, 2023; 5:30 PM
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023; 5:30 PM
Fellowship Workshops: AIA Dallas and Northeast Texas Fellows are invited to participate in the workshops which will be held each month from April through October. The workshop’s schedule and agenda for each workshop can be viewed here.
Thank you in advance for your participation!