Talk About It
- Congratulations to the Newly Elevated Fellow: Ron Stelmarski, FAIA
- Congratulations to the Newly Elevated Fellow: Paul Dennehy, FAIA
- Congratulations to the Newly Elevated Fellow: D. Michael Hellinghausen, FAIA
- Congratulations to the Newly Elevated Fellow: Stephen Pickard, FAIA
- In Remembrance: Jack Craycroft, AIA
AIA Dallas COVID-19 3D Printing Resources
AIA Dallas calls on architects to expand our city's efforts to create 3D printed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This initiative provides both the necessary resources and guidance to local architecture firms, universities, and other 3D-printing facilities. Firms have already started manufacturing face shields for hospital workers who are on the front-lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Time is critical. PPEs will be urgently needed by hospitals in Dallas and we must do what we can to help our community.
Designers can find open-source files for the face shields and contribute other resources here. We request that all files and templates used come from NIH. Models that were approved through clinical review can be found here.
Can you use 3D Printing Tools to Produce Face Shields and Other Equipment? If you are interested in helping our community, please fill out our survey and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to CallisonRTKL and Eduardo Castaneda, Assoc. AIA for helping lead this effort!