Dallas, TX 75206
Job Post Date: December 2, 2019
Regional Practice Area Leader - Education
Apply online at https://gensler.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/genslercareers/job/Dallas-TX-US/Regional-Practice-Area-Leader---Education_CR-13983-1
Gensler’s South Central Region (Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio) Education Practice is looking for a senior leader who possess thought leadership, outstanding client relationships, project leadership, and persuasive communication skills. Working in collaboration with other Gensler Leaders in this practice area, you will seek to leverage the capabilities of the firm to lead education projects and build the education practice.
What You Will Do
- Develop client relationships to earn status as a trusted advisor
- Be in the market, actively engaged with clients and potential clients
- Mentor, support, and direct staff to help them achieve not only client goals but personal development goals
- Build relationships with our colleagues across the globe and especially in the SC Region to advance client interests and practice area objectives
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field and 15+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with managing an architectural firm, regional office, and/or practice group
- Project directing, project management and team leadership experience
- Capable of generating Education Practice Area work
- Visibility in the field, including industry memberships, publications, and conference speaking experience
- High degree of flexibility, ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Deep professional roots, client network, and knowledge of the market in the Texas area
- A history of successfully managing and mentoring a diverse staff
- Excellent customer/client relationship management skills
- Outstanding verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills and be an enthusiastic team player
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.