Dallas, TX 75206
Job Post Date: December 2, 2019
Regional Practice Area Leader - Consulting
Apply online at https://gensler.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/genslercareers/job/Dallas-TX-US/Regional-Practice-Area-Leader-Consulting_CR-13072-1
Gensler’s South Central Region (Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio) Consulting practice are looking for a senior leader who possess thought leadership, outstanding client relationship, project leadership, and persuasive communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading consulting projects across our broad range of services including workplace and mobility strategy, workplace transformation, real estate portfolio strategy, change management, sustainability integration and working wellbeing strategies.
The Design Strategy practice in South Central helps our clients make better decisions about how they support their people, position their businesses and manage their workplace environments. Our consulting practice covers a wide-range of services within the core areas of programming, research and governance. As a design strategist/consultant you will address real estate and facilities issues, wide-ranging workplace settings and types, optimizing people-based work strategies and business performance mapping - all with the objective of improving the link between creating better workplace environments and organizational performance.
What You Will Do
- Develop client relationships to earn status as a trusted advisor
- Be in the market, actively engaged with clients and potential clients; Use speaking engagements to build awareness of Gensler
- Mentor, support, and direct staff to help them achieve not only client goals but personal development goals
- Lead teams as they collect quantitative data and qualitative feedback from user research
- Build relationships with our colleagues across the globe and especially in the SC Region to advance client interests and practice area objectives
- Oversee development of powerful communication tools that help clients to visualize and understand the tradeoffs associated with various design concept and planning scenarios
- Monitor budgets and profitability targets as well as oversee billing and fee management operations in the Consulting studio to ensure all financial activities are consistent with Gensler policies and procedures; Within 12 months of start date, candidate should be at 50% billability
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field and 10+ years of relevant professional experience; Design background with design strategy experience strongly preferred; Additional, relevant educational background (e.g., social science, business) is a plus
- Project directing, project management and team leadership experience
- Ability to develop processes and methodologies to understand and analyze both the quantitative and qualitative aspects of space planning, occupancy and workplace performance for a variety of client organizations
- Experience translating findings into client-specific strategies that address strategic business goals
- Capable of generating consulting/advisory work – taking it through strategy, design, delivery and use within a client organization
- Artistic ability to graphically capture content desired, preferred
- A focus on defining and developing rewarding user experiences
- Broad, successful engagements with a range of different client types and service offerings
- Visibility in the field, including industry memberships, publications, and conference speaking experience
- High degree of flexibility, ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Deep professional roots, client network, and knowledge of the market in the Texas area
- A history of successfully managing and mentoring a diverse staff
- Excellent customer/client relationship management skills
- Outstanding verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills and be an enthusiastic team player
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- A level of familiarity with programs such as Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, specifically) to lead team members who use these programs daily
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.