Maria AstiasoDFW Airport
Dallas, TX 75261
Job Post Date: June 10, 2019
About luis vidal + architects:
luis vidal + architects is an international architecture firm which provides high quality, innovative design solutions to challenging projects. The practice has offices across Spain, Great Britain, Dominican Republic, Chile and the United States, and includes architects of the award-winning Heathrow Terminal 2 in London.
The studio is internationally recognized for its expertise in airport and hospital design, among many other building types. It has become one of the leading and most innovative practices committed to the search for functional and flexible design offering responsible and quality designs as an answer to the urban and social challenges of today.
luis vidal + architects’ philosophy centers on improving the quality of life through design, focusing on the user as the starting point and main priority in all their projects. Regardless of the scale, all the projects in the practice’s portfolio are born with the same DNA: its social, economic and environmental commitment.
luis vidal + architects is seeking an Architect to work in a major Project at Dallas Fort-Worth Airport with the role of Project Manager. We are looking for individuals who share our vision & philosophy for high quality design solutions for challenging projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following abilities and skills:
• Able to manage and produce documents in a fast-paced environment with the capacity to multi-task.
• Demonstrate technical detailing and problem-solving skills on projects involving large, complex buildings.
• Demonstrate leadership skills and a full alignment with the values and mission of our firm.
• Strong Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, 3-D modeling, the Adobe platform and the Microsoft Office Suite.
The candidate will lead our Construction Support Services Team, and report to the firm’s Principals and Design Directors.
Among others, the candidate’s duties will include:
• Managing scope, schedule and fee.
• Representing the firm in client, contractor and subconsultant meetings.
• Managing resources and overseeing the work of the CSS team.
• Preparing clarifications and interpretations of the Contract Documents
• Responding to RFIs
• Reviewing change orders and preparing bulletins, revised drawing and sketches as required;
• Reviewing and approving contractor submittals
• Evaluate substitutions
• Conducting inspections
• Participating in construction progress meetings
• Assist on all aspects of the architectural design
• 5-year Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree is required. U.S. higher education preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of Construction Administration services.
• Architectural licensure preferred, but not mandatory.
• Only candidates that are legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship will be considered.
• Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable aviation architecture experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and work samples to email@example.com and indicate
DFW Architect Position in the subject of the email.