Dallas, TX 75206
Job Post Date: December 2, 2019
Project Manager - Mid-Level - Aviation
Apply online at https://gensler.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/genslercareers/job/Dallas-TX-US/Project-Manager---Mid-Level_R-1741
Gensler is a leading architecture, design and planning firm with locations worldwide. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
Gensler’s Dallas office is seeking a Project Manager to support the Aviation practice area.
What You Will Do
- Manage all phases of projects, including project set-up, design, and construction administration
- Establish and maintain ongoing, productive client relationships
- Create and communicate clear and attainable project objectives and project requirements
- Manage project scheduling, staffing/productivity, budgets, and set-up with clients, sub-contractors, vendors and consultants
- Track financial performance of projects
- Prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees, and coordinate bidding process
- Ensure projects conform to contract
- Experience with recruiting, mentoring and coaching talent
- Highly organized and responsive
- Currently involved in a leadership position within the firm
- 8+ years of related experience, including demonstrated success as a project manager
- Must have a Professional degree (Masters or Bachelor) in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited program
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact, grace and style
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring multiple project teams
- Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on various project types
- Strong abilities in managing fees, schedules and staffing
- Knowledge of building codes and structures
- Extensive knowledge of architectural principles/practices
- Understanding of technical regulations and related code compliance
- Experience in design/planning standards and FF&E procurement principles
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word and Excel and AutoCAD. Revit, Spexx, and Adobe Suite all a plus
- Architectural or Interior Design Registration required
- LEED Accreditation is preferred
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.