Fort Worth, TX 76107
Job Post Date: October 11, 2018
Komatsu Architecture, founded in Fort Worth, Texas, in 1959, is an architecture, interior design and planning firm with a balanced portfolio providing historic preservation and new building design with solutions that respect our environment, cultural heritage and community context. Our firm’s work ranges throughout the U.S. and abroad; the firm’s preservation work is primarily focused in Texas and surrounding states. Our new construction programs have been in twenty-six states. We are seeking a Project Architect for our architectural design studio. Our firm is established and invested in the communities we work with, enjoying long-standing client relationships and repeat work. We are looking for professionals who can be challenged and are eager to be part of this exciting team.
This position requires team commitment and leadership, and direct participation in document production, construction administration, and CA services (Komatsu project team participants follow projects from Programming through Construction Completion). We are not compartmented into separate project delivery functions. Coordination with in-house Interiors Group is essential, providing support in programming, interior architecture and comprehensive interior design services. Client and consultant direct coordination responsibilities requires people skills and communication. LEED accredited profession and/or PMP certification are desired.
• Licensed Architect with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. A Master’s Degree in Architecture is a plus
• Technical skills in Revit and AutoCAD
• 5+ years of experience preferred
• Previous experience in architectural project management of complex new design programs and projects including development of all phases of planning, programming, design, construction documents, bidding, and contract administration, including clear communication skills with clients, consultants and contractors
• Knowledge of building and life safety codes
• Must be able to review and edit technical specifications
• Must be able to prepare a variety of studies and reports, including, but not limited to: existing conditions assessments; feasibility studies; code analysis; coordinate with in-house facility programming specialists
• Detail oriented and have a technical understanding of the construction experience (demonstrated knowledge of the technical aspects of new design and building technologies
• Strong leadership, communications and organizational/people skills
• Self-starter; Ability to multi-task, create and maintain project work plans, schedules, and budgets
• Collaborative personality to excel in team situations is essential
• Proven ability to manage clients and meet their expectations
• Proficiency and project experience utilizing support software Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD, and Revit (we use Newforma Project and Information Management software
• Competent research, writing, and/or editing skills
• US citizen or permanent US resident, must possess a valid US driver’s license and be able to obtain a security clearance to work on/at US government sites – General Services Administration GSA; US Department of the Interior; Department of Homeland Security; US Department of Defense DOD Installations; US Postal Service historic properties; and others if needed
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com.