Dallas, TX 75201
Job Post Date: November 8, 2020
Plans Examiner, Senior (Building Inspection - Opening ends 12/05/2020
Analyzes commercial and multi-family building plans and specifications for compliance with City Building Codes
Work is performed with considerable independence with a supervisor providing technical assistance on complex
problems, and work is reviewed while in progress and upon completion for achievement of desired results and
application of established codes and regulations
The position will perform Building and Fire Code review on all commercial (New, Addition, Interior Finish and Remodel) projects.
An understanding of construction terms, principles, code requirements, reading construction documents and problem solving is essential.
Excellent client service skills are a must.
• Five (5) years of experience in municipal building plans review/inspection OR light-frame construction with responsibility for interpreting and ensuring compliance with the International Building Code (IBC).
• A bachelor's degree (or higher) in an architecture, engineering or construction management field plus one (1) year of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
• An associate's degree in an architecture, engineering or construction management field plus three (3) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
• An associate's degree in an architecture, engineering or construction management field plus ICC Building or Residential certification plus two (2) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
LICENSE(S) and/or CERTIFICATION(S):
• Valid driver's license with good driving record.
• Must be able to obtain ICC Certification in an appropriate discipline within one (1) year of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY(IES):
• Effective oral and written communications skills.
• Basic PC skills.
• Ability to read architectural drawings
Hiring Salary Range: $60,086
For additional information, please copy and paste URL below: