Seattle, WA 98134
Job Post Date: November 17, 2020
Manager of Architectural Services
At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a diverse and passionate group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking, solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world, then McKinstry is the place for you.
Here’s where you come in:
We’re currently seeking a Manager of Architectural Services to join our team based out of our Seattle, WA headquarters. You will drive design thought leadership into our MEP consulting engineering efforts and guide McKinstry’s architectural solutions business on a national level, supporting projects that are cutting edge and meaningful to our communities.
- Being the national architect of record for all McKinstry offices.
- Act as an owner’s representative pursuing all project entitlements (permits) and guiding 3rd party architects.
- Proactively consults with the engineering and design leadership team to determine project pursuits, scopes and execution of work.
- Coach, develop, and manage McKinstry’s architectural team.
- Passion for creating Zero Energy/ Zero Carbon buildings utilizing high-performance envelopes, integrated shading solutions and robust daylighting strategies
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) or Master of Architecture (M.Arch).
- Must be a Licensed Architect, preferably with an active NCARB certificate.
- At least 10 years of experience leading architectural teams and previous history supporting development opportunities.
- Demonstrated expertise in building codes, contracts negotiation, and building technology.
- Expresses strong business acumen, communication, consulting, and negotiating skills.
- Strong belief in the value of design-build delivery model
- Strong interest in Zero Energy/ Zero Carbon building and High-Performance Envelope design
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required; working knowledge of BOMA, Sketch-up and Revit is a plus.