Washington, TX 75202
Job Post Date: February 13, 2020
Architectural Project Manager I
BKV Group seeks a talented Project Manager with 8-12 years related architecture and project management experience to join our Dallas, TX office. The candidate must have architecture project management experience in all aspects of design and documentation with leading edge multi-family housing, commercial and local government clients.
• Works with the Managing Partner and/or Senior Project Manager in preparing fee letters, fee scenarios and contracts.
• Receives direction from the Managing Partner and/or Senior Project Manager. Responsible for determining project scope, schedule, and design team budgets. Reviews discipline budgets and deliverables in accordance with the contract and maintains identified deadlines and budgets on assigned projects.
• Creates a work plan and completes weekly staff scheduling in order to uphold project budgets and deadlines. Provides weekly project schedule updates to Director of Professional Services for all discipline’s management of project deadlines.
• Retains and keeps up to date a copy of the client’s design criteria and standards, being thoroughly familiar with their requirements. Works with the team to comply with client design criteria, managing updates and disseminating to all other disciplines, including any variations in the criteria throughout the progress of design and documentation.
• Prepares and oversees contract documents (scale drawings and specifications) for issuance. Implements design and production drawings directly involved in utilizing Revit and other required software and equipment, including directing project team members engaged in preparation of drawings and specification documents. Utilizes other required software and equipment as required for management of projects in addition to Revit.
• Maintains regular communication with the client, the Managing Partner and the project team members, including chairing project phase kickoff meetings, weekly team meetings, quality assurance page flip meetings, etc. Proper preparation and distribution of all written communications on the project is required, including meeting minutes, weekly budget reports, and recording/tracking of project issues requiring resolution. Provides timely communication and guidance to all disciplines and consultants.
• Records project scope changes, including preparation of additional services for tracking and issuance to the client as directed by the Managing Partner, keeping the them informed of issues concerning deviations from schedule, costs or design criteria. Informs the client of changes which impact fee and schedule.
• Provides mentoring to the project team related to oversight and assistance to the clients with the bidding and award process as required.
• Responsible for the overall management and contractual fee and budgets of the team effort throughout the project, in coordination with the discipline leads and project team. The PM shall perform regular quality assurance reviews of the documents to ensure the project is being developed in accordance with the contract, deliverables and schedule.
• Ensure quality assurance/technical reviews are implemented as part of the overall project delivery process. May provide internal quality peer reviews of projects not under their direct control.
• Adheres to the BKV Code Policy, working with the BKV Code Specialist to review and document code review requirements and meets with the respective authority having jurisdiction to obtain review and approval of the plans for code compliance.
• Works with the project team and BKV Disciplines Leads and Directors to support construction services and ensure design intent during construction.
• Maintains appropriate records and files, overseeing the project team’s maintenance of project files.
• Maintains a free flow of communications with the Managing Partner, Director of Project Management, Director of Operations, Director of Professional Services, and local Directors of Architecture, and other managers relative to duties and activities.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in architecture preferred.
• Professional registration preferred.
• Proficient with Revit, Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Deltek Ajera software preferred. Must have ability to write reports and business correspondence. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• LEED AP optional
• Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and the general public.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries and constant opportunities for growth, BKV Group gives you the tools to realize your creativity. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented architects and designers, creating exciting environments, and enjoy collaboration and challenges, we'd like to talk with you. Please submit your resume and portfolio. Please indicate your desired position and location in the e-mail subject line.