North Texas Amendments to International Building Code 2018
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
325 N St Paul, Suite 150
Dallas, TX 75201
Brought to you by: Codes & Standards
Talk About It
A presentation of the Amendments to the 2018 International Building Code (IBC), 2018 International Existing Building Code (IEBC), and 2018 International Fire Code (IFC) as recommended by a committee of the North Central Texas Council of Governments for adoption by each city in their 16-county territory [Wise, Denton, Collin, Hunt, Rockwall, Dallas, Tarrant, Parker, Palo Pinto, Erath, Hood, Somerset, Johnson, Ellis, Kaufman, Navarro]. While the emphasis will be placed on new amendments to the 2018 codes, amendments carried over from the 2015 I-Code Amendments will also be discussed.
A few highlights include:
- Understand the intent in adoption of recommended amendments to the I-Codes by the North Central Texas of Governments
- Differentiate between the Option A and Option B aspect of the amendments as it relates to the definition of high-rise building and high-piled combustible storage, and the impact on new construction
- Understand the more restrictive requirements for sprinkler protection in new and existing buildings that are enlarged, and how fire wall systems may or may not impact such requirement
- Changes in definitions that impact scope of Code requirements
- Requirements for fixtures and fountains
- Requirements for elevators
The goal of the NCTCOG Regional Codes Coordinating Committee, comprised of building officials and industry experts, is to consider the I-Codes and their application in the North Texas area and to strive for uniformity within the 16-county territory. While cities are not required to adopt the recommended amendments "as is", many of them are now participating in the NCTCOG process and adopting the amendments as written by the review committee.
PRESENTER: Warren Bonisch, PE, Associate Principal, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, and a member of the NCTCOG Regional Building and Residential Advisory Board - Warren Bonisch is a nationally known expert in fire protection engineering, including fire and life safety analysis, egress design, performance-based design and analysis, code consultation, fire protection design and analysis, and related services for a wide range of structures and projects. His experience has included participation in numerous design and consulting projects, leading project teams and managing projects. Mr. Bonisch is also recognized for his development of innovative solutions to code compliance issues. His experience includes both existing and new projects, nationwide and globally.
How Do I Get to the AD EX?
For your convenience, please use our parking & commuting guide when planning your visit to AIA Dallas. For this event, we will NOT be validating parking. If you have any questions about alternative parking options, please feel free to call our reception desk at 214.742.3242