Credit Carnival: Restrooms
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
325 N. Saint Paul St.
Dallas, TX 75201
Brought to you by: Education
Talk About It
Commercial restrooms have come a long way from being merely utilitarian to now incorporating commercial bathroom design and trends that have a sense of style and pride within a facility. People are looking for upscale public restrooms with high-end materials, commercial bathrooms that feel more like home, and design influences that match the environment around them in a way that’s comforting and relaxing. Designers are taking elements from the rest of a building’s interior design or the surrounding environment and bringing it into the restroom for a more coherent and seamless look.
While choosing stylish materials can add a much-needed sophistication to the commercial restroom, you may want to make your public restroom sustainable and clean. Designers are also replacing the bright, florescent lighting, often the hallmark of public bathrooms, with softer incandescent down lighting to make it easier on the eyes and to provide a more comfortable and welcoming environment without the harsh lights becoming bothersome to occupants. Although privacy is one of the most important factors when designing a bathroom, function is equally as important when designing your commercial bathroom or public restroom. Ultimately, the commercial restroom can strive for a uniqueness that is personal, original, and aesthetically pleasing to complement its functionality and accessibility.
ATTEND IN-PERSON OR VIA ZOOM. In-Person Attendees will be required to follow the AD EX Protocol attached below.
- Design Considerations for Commercial Restrooms, 1.0 HSW - David Lee Beller, AIA and Kate Davis, HKS
- A More Transparent Shade of Green: Environmental Product Declarations Drive Restrooms to Lead in Green Design, 1.0 HSW/SD - Paul Marquez, Excel Dryer
- High-Performance Coatings for Commercial Spaces, 1.0 HSW - Brett C Huckelbury, Sherwin Williams
- The Light & Dark Side of Commercial Restrooms, 1.0 HSW - Jodi Lednicky, Hossley Lighting and Power Solutions
- Designing ADA-Compliant Restrooms, 1.0 HSW/BF - Marcela Abadi Rhoads, FAIA, Abadi Accessibility
- Wet & Wise: Sustainable Design for Modern Commercial Restrooms, 1.0 HSW/SD - Tricia Loe, Sustainable Concepts
- Specifying Code-Compliant Toilet Partitions, 1.0 HSW - Dena Taylor, ArchSpec Sales for Bobrick Washrooms
- High-Performance Tile for Commercial Restrooms, 1.0 HSW - Kelli Colbert, Porcelanosa