Express Yourself: Finding Beauty Through Expression
The winners of the AIA Dallas Women in Architecture's 2013 juried competition found beauty through expression.
The AIA Dallas WiA hosted the third annual Express Yourself competition in the Fall of 2013 as an opportunity for women architects and designers in Texas to showcase their art and design work. Entrants from all over the state submitted their creative works. Winners were announced at the 2013 TxA Convention in Fort Worth.
The winner in the Design category is the Down & Up House from Karen Lantz, AIA. We had a tie in the art category -- Systematic Narcissism from Wendy W Fok, Assoc. AIA; and Invisible City from Tiana Wages, an architecture student at the University of Texas at Arlington. Our jurors were Susan Appleton, AIA; Kirk Teske, AIA, LEED AP BD+C; and Michael L. Teleha. Special thanks to Hilda Rodriguez, Emily Harrold and Elke Giba for leading last year's competition.
As one of WiA's most popular activities, we look forward to launching the fourth annual Express Yourself competition in August. Stay tuned for more details.
Talk About It
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes James Leng of OFFICE JAMES LENG
- 2019 AIA Dallas Unbuilt Design Awards Welcomes Zeina Koreitem of MILLIØNS Architects
- Take Shelter! How We Design Storm Shelters Saves Lives
- The Question of Morality in Development: Bringing Columns to Life
- Support the AIA Dallas Tour of Homes, Build Your Business