2015 Bark + Build Doghouse Design & Build Competition
The sky was truly the limit for the inaugural year of Bark + Build Doghouse Design and Build Competition raising over $44,000 for the SPCA of Texas.
Bark + Build Doghouse Design & Build Competition
The sky was truly the limit for the inaugural year of Bark + Build Doghouse Design and Build Competition. In early 2015, AIA Dallas and TEXO: The Construction Association, teamed up to create luxury doghouses that were raffled off at NorthPark Center from November 16- December 6. There were 18 architect and contractor teams that designed and built luxury doghouses that were fit for royalty. From modern pads, benches, and even turf all 18 homes were one-of-a-kind. On November 16th a jury panel of five (5) judges met to pick the winners for the 2015 competition. Below are the results:
- Enviro Dog Award: Malone Maxwell Borson Architects and Manhattan Construction Group for the Canine Eco-Cabin.
- Teacup Pup Award: BOKA Powell and T&G Constructors for the Midcentury K9 House.
- Big Dog Award: BRW and Sedalco Construction Services for the Canine Cabana.
- Most Innovative Award: OMNIPLAN and Abstract Construction for the Wilson Mansion.
- Hot Dog Award (runner up): The Beck Group and Alliance Glazing Technologies for the Pup Pavilion.
- Best in Show (1st place): GFF and Ridgemont Commercial Construction for Benchy Bungalow.
The People’s choice award was given based on the home that received the most raffle tickets during their time at NorthPark Center. With over 1,100 votes, the winner was The Pad, designed and built by Mohment Architecture and Rogers O’Brien Construction. The doghouse competition and adoption pavilion has quickly become one of the top attractions during the holiday season at NorthPark Center.
While on display the SPCA of Texas raised over $44,000 from raffle tickets and donations! 100% of the proceeds will go to their mission to rescue, heal, and find loving homes for vulnerable animals. For more information on this event, click here.